Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Airbrush Makeup, Is it Worth it?





Many of my clients ask me what is airbrush makeup about. Is it a fad, a craze, or does it really make a difference? 

 

It makes a difference.


Truthfully for everyday makeup I don’t suggest going to the trouble of airbrush makeup. That could get expensive and also it’s time consuming. On an average day I go to my Laura Mercier liquid foundation and use my beauty blender to get a natural look. Airbrush does have its benefits though. Airbrush makeup is typically waterproof and smudge-proof, lasting much longer than traditional foundations, for up to 16 hours. So for those special occasions where you need your foundation to last you through a long day or if you’re being photographed, I would talk to your makeup artist about airbrushing. I urge all of my Brides to go with airbrush makeup for their special day especially during summer months. 

How it works.

 

How airbrush makeup differs is airbrush makeup utilizes a small makeup air compressor, an airbrush gun, and special airbrush foundation. This foundation is thinner than regular liquid foundation because it needs to pass through the airbrush gun. The airbrush sprays a very fine mist on the skin pushed through with gentle air pressure from the compressor. This allows an even and consistent application of foundation, which sits evenly on the skin. Since it’s such a fine mist your true skin tone shows through which makes it look more natural and not so heavy, which if not careful can happen with traditional makeup. The final result gives you a very natural, yet very finished and polished look. Your makeup artist will know how to mix foundation colors for a perfect blend to match your skin tone. 

What to use.

 

There are different kinds of airbrush makeup for the face, some that are water based
and some that are silicone based. If you have every sensitive skin, like myself, or
breakout easily you may want to go for the water-based foundation. Although water-
based foundations tend to be more matte and have less shine, they do break down easier when it comes to tears and sweat. Silicone foundations tend to look like skin and can be more forgiving. Silicone foundations tend to not dissolve as easy either. I use Dinair’s paramedical foundation for my clients that prefer water-based airbrush makeup and I use Temptu for my clients that can use silicone-based foundation. Ask your makeup artist which makeup is best for your skin type.



I hope this helps answer any questions on the topic of airbrushing. If you have any other
questions I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment